We don’t live in the world of probabilities (anymore) but, we sure are living in the world of INSTAGRAM. And, cost to build an app like Instagram is something the investors and app giants are in a rush to decode.
Why So? Instagram is breaking the threshold of user-base not just as a social media hub. There’s more influx to it like influencer-stage, modern Brand marketing and needless to mention the ROI reign-ins. From Boomers to Gen Z, to Influencers and Brands. No one is devoid of the Instagram social media app giant hype cycle.
Why It Matters? if you’re the one who is opting for a clone of Instagram App. Kindly note that IT IS WORTH IT (we’d say beyond worth it). Because from catapulting socially, to engaging and amassing a community online to accelerating network and brand awareness in this digital business age. (Instagram-like app development has a hang of everything and everyone.)
And, in this blog we will hand you out answers to all your HOW’S with regards Instagram How to make an app like Instagram to cost to develop an app like Instagram, features, Functionality, ROI streams, Tech-stack. EVERYTHING.
Little Backstory on Instagram Evolution
In today’s edition: Instagram is the most Cool and most Buzzing thing. In 2010, Instagram joined Meta (formerly Facebook) in 2012, expanded to Android. 2013 was the year where it introduced video sharing and ads. The key features like Insta-Stories (2016), IGTV (2018), and Reels (2020) were added in these years respectively. Monetization and the Meta rebrand arrived in 2021, a big one for Instagram indeed .But, let’s see how it further keeps up at topping the list.
Features to Decode Cost to Develop an App Like Instagram
Meta as a founding company of Instagram has been adamant on upgrading its suite of features.
And, for you to have an eminent app like Instagram. Also have an upperhand in the genre and to decode the cost to build an app like Instagram. You need to know what Instagram-like features you need to have.
Note: The features listed below will have a significant influence on the Cost to develop an app like Instagram. And the cost is mainly influenced by: Time + Tech-Stack
1. App Access/ Authorization
- Want to develop a user-centric app like Instagram. Then just like Instagram you need to equip your users with options to authorize the app.
- The current day users are prone to options. So a single way of authorization on your app would not sit right with your users. And, of course, if you are going for a clone of the Instagram app.
- It gives 2 options:
- Log in via Email or Phone Number or Social Media Account.
- Sign in to create an Account.
(Would take around 60 hours in total for your Instagram-like app development)
2 .Create User Identity (Profile)
- The next thing any user would start by is creating a profile. Now, it is not as simple for the developers as it is for the users to make a profile.
- Because the simple task of adding a username, a bio to the handle and a profile picture to firstly make an identity. It hardly takes 10-15 minutes for the users.
- But, in hindsight it takes about 50+ hours for the back-end team. And, time is money applies here too.
( To make it seamless for the users as Instagram has made it. Your developers need to invest time and effort. And you on the other hand need to pay to park in future ROI)
3. Start Posting Pictures/ Videos
- As the world knows it, Instagram took the center stage as a Social Media App that connected people via pictures and videos.
- So, for your social media app development to be a success like Instagram’s. You need to make the posting pictures and videos from the app or select one from their camera roll ‘Feature’ fast at lightning speed. And nothing less than that.
- Little Heads Up: This takes nothing less than 80+ hours. But, it is non-negotiable for your Instagram-like app development.
4. Direct Messaging
- When we said that Instagram has the hang of it all. It included the experts’ opinion and users across the globe that swear by it.
- Why we say this is: Instagram has this very famous Direct Messaging feature which allows the users to interconnect globally. Plus, allows the consumers to connect with local, home-grown brands or even international brands globally.
- And, not just that it rightly serves the modern day business genre like Influencer marketing by having this social space to connect with communities online.
( This would take around 80+ hours but then again a social media app is worthless without the direct messaging feature)
5. Photo Editing- Filter Finesse
- This is outright a feature that you cannot miss out on your Instagram-like app development. And, for a clone of Instagram app, Photo editing or filters is something the users are accustomed to.
- Like Instagram has made it: extremely easy and quick for the users to go fabulous from out of sorts in just a few seconds. Sol, you have to have this feature on your app to have as thick of a user-base as Instagram’s.
(While this would at approx take about 70 hours in total. But, the developers can either write out the entire source code or copy the ready source code from the app development at the core)
6. Geolocation & Search
- The current time is all about sharing it on social media. And, this comes very naturally to Instagram users. And, here we are directly talking about your targeted 2+ Billion users looking forward to tagging in their fancy spots.
- Plus, once that tagging thing happens. The fellow users and social friends are tempted to check it out. Now, this could be on the world map right on the app or via the search bar (again on the app) via hashtags or otherwise.
(You need to hand this on your app like instagram and this would fairly take about 30+ and 50+ development hours respectively)
7. Link-in With Other Socials
- It is very intuitive amongst the social media users to look for features where they can link their activities with their other social media accounts.
- And, coming to how to make an app like Instagram? Instagram gives a free hand to its users to post and share the posts on other social networks like Facebook (now Meta) or Twitter (Now X).
(This should take about 40+ hours for the backend but again this new age of internet driven world is all about sharing stuff as much as possible. Just like Instagram does)
To Wrap Up: Features are a soul to any app and to create an app like Instaram this is one of the most important parts to focus on. Again, one of the significant parts which influences the development cost.
Quick TakeAway: You need to have a Restful API or HTTP and establish a link with Apple or Google server for your users to be pinged by notification on their app updates.
Now, let’s dive into Tech-Stack which again has a fair share in influencing the cost to develop an app like Instagram.
Tech Stack for Instagram-Like App Development
Tech-Stack is the heart of an app. And, the cost to build an app like Instagram is fairly impacted by the tech-stack required.
And, if you want to follow an Instagram-like app development process, you cannot go wrong with these.
|Alamofire||OKHttp3, Retrofit 2||Express 4, MySQL, Swagger|
Now, let’s decode the most important segment- Instagram App Development Cost.
Cost to Build an App like Instagram
It all counts. The features, tech-stack, development time and the functionality discussed above. Everything adds up to the final instagram app development cost.
Besides that, what also adds up to the social media app development cost is the add-on features + the expenses that go by.
Like, the interface design, the UI/UX, the additional software expenses, the QA and testing also are added at times. So, there are also these few additional things that you need to count in as app development costs for this segment along with social media app development companies.
To Which We State: If you want to know an exact quote and cost to develop an app like Instagram you need to connect and discuss everything with the social media app development company. Or maybe go by the below mentioned steps.
How to Create an App Like Instagram?
As stellar as Instagram is and as swiftly it reigns supreme in the market and amongst the users globally. It calls for some great attention to details. Because creating a clone of Instagram is not a cakewalk. But, it surely is a huge slice of ROI.
And, which is why there is a gold-soil dig-in rush to figure out this high-stake poser and question ‘How to make an app like Instagram?’ With decoding costs to build an app like Instagram So, count on us to tell you How.
Step-1 Choosing an App Development Company: Start by skimming out the best app development company that holds holistic experience and best in-house expert/ developers.
Step-2: Market Research & Target Audience: Firstly you need to dig into the market dynamics and select a niche for your app. After selecting a niche you can skim your audiences that you’d target via your Instagram-like app development.
Step-3 Discuss it Out: You need to share your ideal blueprint with regards to your app settings and overall every ABCs to your app with the social media app development company.
Step-4: Hire a Team of Developers: MVP is highly crucial. Hire a full fledged dedicated team of developers and get an MVP to bag in feedback before the final launch.
Step-5: Run QA/Debugging: Skimming out any bugs, errors, technical glitches that hamper the seamless user experience before the final launch is a no brainer.
Step-6: Pitch it/ Launch: The final step is to launch and publicly set-out your app. You may pitch it out to the app store or Google play store to catapult the user-base.
Instagram-like app development might be a lengthy and effort-centric task but it is beyond worth it.
QuickTakeaway: Face Lifting your Instagram-like app is something that is of prime importance. You cannot take a raincheck on regular maintenance and upgrades for your app to be an instagram clone and actually bag in the returns.
Instagram has been quick on: adapting innovations and this is something that the users root for. Quick adoption of trends is a key factor for social media app development.
Why invest in Instagram like App Development?
To Summarize: Investing in Instagram-like app development is highly potential as it serves as a pool for returns. It has a save for modern-age ROI for investors in terms of leverages like advertising, affiliate marketing, sponsor-perks and even in-app marketing. And, this could be your ROI stream if you connect to a stelar social media app development company and seize the golden opportunity. And, if we dig deeper into data and expert suggestions the social media user base globally is estimated to hit a whopping high of 5.85 billion by 2027. And, this is a huge sign to plot your returns
Healthcare Will be Hosted with AR/VR Evolution
From Healthcare on wheels to healthcare on apps, there is a lot more to unravel.
From doctors being able to leverage stellar AR/VR technology trends remotely has changed the entire trajectory of healthcare. Healthcare mobile apps, poised to become mainstream in no time. They have done wonders for reaching out to patients, from telemedicine to 3D medical imaging models. All thanks to Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
Plus, considering how fruitful the innovation has summed up to be. The reliance and even higher adoption of the future trends in AR and VR is a no brainer.
Key-Take: The healthcare sector expects Extended Reality to be the most significant gain.