Learning language online via mobile apps is not just a fad, it’s a devotional pick! And, so is developing a language learning app like Duolingo! This skill-elevating regime is assisting humongous users across the globe in learning a language at their own pace. About 16 million users in 2023 alone were glued to a single app. No guesses, Duolingo it is! The pioneer of language learning apps with a green DUO that skips no one’s attention!
But, no, the best thing about Duolingo is not JUST the DUO!! Obviously, the language learning app is studded with stellar features, a rich stack of 30 courses. And, and, and an user-interface that pulls back the users in more ways than one. Having said that, yes there are other fishes in the sea of language learning apps. More like when it comes to language learning apps folks also have an idea about babbel and Memrise. But, again Duolingo tops the chart and which is why the surge to develop a language learning app like Duolingo is equally topping the chart!
This genre is accelerating blazingly and with the continued user base acceleration on Duolingo is again a ‘Hot Thing’. So, to get an app developed like Duolingo, dive into the specifics of the same curated by us only for you!
Why Develop a Language Learning App?
It’s an universal truth: no amount of apps can actually be enough. Because apps and mobile phones combined is a serendipity. Also, if we loop back into how the language learning apps as a genre bolstered up. It brings us to the fact how the big moments are overplayed in life, the language learning apps spaced on the same footing.
What we are trying to bring you on: There are a plethora of reasons behind the colossal push of the language learning apps. However, there are factors that actively pull this up.
- Smart Phones and Flexibility
- Online learning Revolution
- Flexible App usage
- Learning on the go
- Need to Acquire Multi-Language skill
On the other hand: We do know how trends lay that hot bandwagon. Plus, when there are so many supporting factors why wouldn’t a business owner or investor like you pitch in. Again: Pitching in just because the signs seem golden is not enough! If you are aiming to have an app developed like Duolingo. You need to be well-versed with the specifics it has its crux on. So, let’s dig into the suite of specifics.
Specifics to Consider
The green OWL supremacy is exclusive to Duolingo! Hands Down!! But, not the stellar feature stack or the quirky and attractive notifications. Also not the phenomenals user interface that misses no chance to get back the user. You can actually develop a language learning app which is apt and precise. An app that is actually inspired from the OG (Duolingo) means diving into the specifics. For the same dig down!
1. Craft your Concept
- A mere idea to develop a language learning app, doesn’t fetch much. You need to further conceptualize the entire idea into a proper plan.
- To craft an app a proper crystallization of the idea is important. This shall include what do you want your app to look like, how will it differ from other apps in the same genre. With that, what will your app offer?
- Concept to creation is a comprehensive process which sets up maximum results for your app in the future. However, it comes with a cost of creating a concept on the idea.
2. Sync With Business Core
- Apps are aimed to pull in business, to attract the target audience and to pan out services via the idea crafted to concept.
- Once you craft an idea into the concept you need to dig deep into the business potential your app will have.
- Right from assessing the state of market in this genre, how thick is the potential to who the contemporaries will be. Further, this will help you with formatting the entire scenario to sync in with your developers.
3. Filter the Features List
- Features are the key element for any app. Coming to a language learning app you need to figure out your own suite of features.
- Duolingo is again famous for its features. And, any app for that matter would stand apart on this footing. So to add that unique element onto your app you need to figure out what features will you host.
- Listing out the features will help you have an idea as to how it will shape your app. The elements of functionality, operability and navigation will stream via the features you choose.
4. Turn into the Tech Stack
- Choosing the platform for your app will need you to dig into the tech stack. So, there will be different tech stacks for each platform to some extent.
- For example you pick iOS you will need Swift, Xcode, SDK for the same. On the contrary when it comes to Android it will go like Java, Kotlin and Android SDK.
- However, dealing with the tech stack is non-negotiable though most of the burden in this section will be on the mobile app development company you choose.
5. Deal with the Design
- One of the important aspects is to decide the design you want your app to have. Now in this case you need to remember design is the primary format of interaction.
- The way your app should look like, the color palette, design and font. It is again non-negotiable and needs utmost attention and clarity.
- The UI/UX is something that you as an app owner or investor should not take for granted. Because let alone the fact that there are numerous apps and competition is soaring. But, design is something which occupies a major part of your app.
6. Content is the King
- Considering it is a language app, content plays a humongous role.
- Right from the language learning process to the notifications, your content should be accurate, trendy and hooking.
- Releasing your app without running a bug fixer or an app functionality check is the biggest mistake one could make.
- Testing and Quality assessment is a trial that you undertake to check if your app functions aptly and has everything in place.
- It’s finally time to market your app and pitch it to your target audience.
- More like it’s time to take up on the path of success.
Now, the entire development process is taken a note off. Let’s dig into yet another important aspect.
Features are how you make your language learning app easy to be fetched. More like to make it pop for the users amongst the rest. You need to figure out your feature list.
- All work and no play makes learning a monotonous task. Maximize gamification ways of learning.
- Make sure your learning tasks are firstly cut to bite sized content and further make it a play-learn scenario.
- Just like Duolingo does, yeah? Winning and achieving the mini targets helps the users to stick by the learning process.
2. Take a Note on Notifications
- It is difficult to spot anyone who is not mesmerized with the notifications that Duolingo pans out. Well, if you still didn’t get the gist, keep digging below.
- See to give you a practical example, on an average a person has almost or more than 30 apps. Now, yours being a language learning app comparatively will have lesser zest in terms of entertaining factors.
- Which means you have to focus on making your notifications interesting and hooking enough to catapult your users back.
3. Dodge Longer Log-Ins
- What pisses off users the most is the never ending log-in process.
- Make sure your app does not ask for a plethora of details and make it a time consuming process. ‘
- The quicker the process the better it keeps your users like your app.
4. Mini- Tests & In-App Purchases
- If you miss out on keeping quizzes or simple tests then the mere learning process will be extremely boring.
- You need to equip your users with a little brainstorming sessions and keep a prize in order to encourage them.
- Plus, in-app purchases will be a bigger boon for your users. A little digital shop on your app goes a far way.
Having said that you cannot be done with features anytime soon. In order to be in trend you need to keep updating your feature stack. Like add the audio features, podcast, chatbots or anything that you think is important.
To Wrap Up
While the world is shrinking, a language learning app helps your user break the language barrier isolating them in a new community, country or city. Developing a language learning app will certainly let you have an upperhand in the app market. Not just that! It is also a fact that language learning apps are nowadays inextricably linked with the users interest. Practically so, this is fathomable. Because learning languages on the go, with bit-sized content and again coupled intriguing games is a boon bigger than ever. So, without further ado drop a line to a veteran mobile app development company. Because while these apps at the core are one size fits all. You need a dollop of expertise and creativity to have it sail and surge through the rising market demands.
Share via social media