Do you remember those late 90s Hollywood space sci-fi movies where the protagonists used to communicate with computers to find the most optimum or even the exact answer to their queries? Well we believe ChatGPT is the first step towards using language models to their full extent.
Now there has been a lot of buzz around the internet about an AI based language model ChatGPT answering all sorts of weird to smart questions. Even our twitter was exploding with screenshots of the conversation between numerous users who were excited to analyze the limits of ChatGPT.
We know you have a lot of questions in your mind but worry not as the article will help you understand what is ChatGPT?How does it work?Will it replace the traditional way of approaching content?But first let’s hit some statistics to understand the impact of ChatGPT on a global level and just why it is gaining such tremendous popularity in the market of innovation.
- It took ChatGPT only 5 days to reach a user count of 1 million since its release. For general comparison for one of the most popular social media applications instagram it took 67 days.
- Globally 23% of customer service companies have implemented AI based chatbot in their support services.
- Out of all the people aware about the AI chatbot concept 80% of people have actually interacted with the chatbot at least once.
Maybe the last two statistics were one of key motivators for its inventor Jeremy Howard, an Artificial Intelligence Researcher to introduce an AI based advanced language model like ChatGPT to the world.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an online chatbot that works on advanced language modeling to generate statistical and analyzed output for the user. In simple words ChatGPT is a smart answering tool that provides you with well researched and punctuated outputs. Now if an individual wants to deeply understand how it works one needs to understand the concept of AI/ML and specifically about language modeling.
The principle of language modeling is that it evaluates the bodies of text provided to a well organized and research backed output. Think of it as a box with algorithms and equations, you input a question, a query or an application that passes through those algorithms to generate a solution, answer, or a robust method.
What are the 3 interesting questions about ChatGPT?
There were many interesting questions that boosted the popularity of ChatGPT since its launch on November 30, 2022. Here are 3 of the most perplexing questions about the application that you may find simply surprising.
Who made ChatGTP and Why?
The origin of ChatGPT can be traced way back to its parent company called OpenAI that has been in the talks due to one of its financial investors being Elon Musk. But as we said the chief contributor to the development of such AI applications was Jeremy Howard. He sees the Chatbot as a personal tutor capable of learning from the users and providing satisfying results.
What is ChatGPT capable of?
The main applications of chatGPT are similar to widespread chatbots like conducting dialogues, carrying out educational practices, customer service, offering training, and being a personal assistant. But the more users are engaging with the application the more they are figuring out how it can scale. The answers and solutions provided by ChatGPT are tested by the community itself as they highly depend upon the questions it was asked.
How do you use ChatGPT?
These are simple steps that will provide you access to ChatGPT if you want to try it out and experiment around.
- Visit the official website: openai
- Sign up and Create an account. For signing up you will require an email address for verification.
- There are two uses available: you can select your preference.
- Choose the feature you want to explore.
- Click Open in playground
- Type your input next to ‘Q’.
- And when you press submit you will be provided with a response within a few seconds.
Is it different from conventional AI?
The true potential of ChatGPT is still being explored but so far there is enough evidence on which we would like to emphasize that might give you points to derive your own thoughts about this Advanced AI/ML chatbot.
- The bot has a massive database as being an integral part of open AI working with the same caliber and scale.
- Enthusiastic users are utilizing the chatbot for educational practices but there are extreme users who have so far pushed the limits of the bot to produce complex codes that were hard to find on stackoverflow.
- There have been speculations that chatbots are going to change the way people will use search engines and that might be a threat to google. Looking at such amazing development google had to roll out MUM update specifically to tackle AI generated content and improve the quality of helpful content.
- ChatGPT uses a simple method that was previously used in the GPT-3 version known as reinforcement learning from human learning.
- Even though the experts have stated that there are certain limitations to the ChatGPT’s capabilities. The makers are careful about how the society is developing its perspective of the chatbot and its ability to be able to replace humans in near times.
Will ChatGPT’s AI content replace the traditional content?
The use of ChatGPT significantly impacted the segment of content creation as it was able to generate high quality content within a few seconds. Writers, SEO experts, content creators, even casters and announcers were trying their best to find the limitation and along the way they might have just discovered them.
ChatGPT is not flawed but its own perfection has become its bane as people have observed that the application is generating content that is too perfect. There was a huge debate on the information provided by ChatGPT being false as it can only scrape the information available to the application across the internet.
The upside of the chatbot was that it was able to generate accurate content fast and scale well with the users demand as it had a massive data library to accumulate information. But at the same time its own creator said to not believe the information that it provides as the bot is still in beta phase.
There are a lot of unanswered questions that revolve around this amazing topic and looking at the recent innovations in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning industry the time is not far from reaching the bottom of the ocean.
We can see since the introduction of ChatGPT every Artificial Intelligence Development Company as well as expert is sitting out there taking notes and trying to explore the possible applications of AI/ML in near future. Soon the AI industry will become the sea of tremendous investment and maybe transform into a supportive technology for numerous modern innovations.
We discussed a lot about ChatGPT and also hinted at a serious debate which might be the hottest topic across the internet. What do you think will ChatGPT be a boon for the whole world or will it be considered as a bane for many industry sectors?