Imagine that one of your friends lives across the sea & he/she requires some Libra coin, which you have in abundance. How cool it would be if you were able to send the coins via Facebook or WhatsApp.
Sounds really surprising, right? Just read through the entire blog and you’ll know how.
Recently, Facebook launched the testnet of the Libra Blockchain. Today, we are going to perform our 1st transaction on the testnet.
If you aren’t familiar with the concept, go through our previous blog – Introduction of Libra and you’ll get familiarized. Check out from Yudiz Portfolio Link.
Lets begin with the steps of executing your first transaction.
- Clone the Libra Core Repository
- Setup Libra Core
- Build Libra CLI Client and Connect to the Testnet
- Check If the CLI Client Is Running on Your System
- Create My Account
- Create My’s Account
- List Accounts
- Add Libra to My Account
- Add Libra to My Friend’s Account
- Check the Balance
- Query the Accounts’ Sequence Numbers
- Transfer Money
- Retrieve the information about the transaction
- Query Sequence Number After Transfer
- Check the Balance in Both Accounts After Transfer
Step:2 Setup Libra Core
To setup Libra Core, run the setup script to install the dependencies.
The setup script performs these actions:
- Installs rustup
- Installs rust-toolchain
- Installs CMake
- Installs protoc
- Installs Go
So in a nutshell, we have learnt how to do a first transaction on Libra Blockchain. Will be coming up with more examples and detailing in my upcoming blog. So stay tuned & keep reading.