It’s not just an App-decade. Not even an App-era or a mere fad. It is going to be a millennium. However, the fog around Android or iOS app development is still up there. Here is a fact and let’s face it. For every business macro or micro, service based or product based- Apps are the frontier. Apps have become the face and platform for businesses. But again, which App/OS to go for is a seven figure puzzle for investors and business folks like you. More like, if you don’t have an app you are on the verge of losing your presence. But, more importantly, if you fumble on choosing what app to go for. You are inviting a trash-down for your business while throwing your investment out of the window.
So, if you want to escape the blue screen of death when it comes to your business apps. Get onto the bandwagon of Imperatives. Filter out the fog between iOS mobile app development or Android. AND, AND, AND for too many reasons to count, start with gobbling up the trends. But, most importantly, dig into this short article to actually get down to decide. Whether iOS or Android app development? Which OS should you actually invest in? Because there is a difference between maximizing on upgrades and actually signing up for something lucrative for your business. Right?
Dodge the business app blues-NOW. Know-how in this blog.
Things to Consider Before Choosing an App
Before investing in an app for your business. You need to have some core insights straight. Now, what this will do is- It will help you figure out what the app/os has to offer vicariously. How it stands in the market and what kind of a presence it hosts. Whereas, when it comes to direct nexus as to which app should be the right and best pick for your business. We will help you out with that too in the same blog.
But, to start with- it is actually believed that data dominates. And, for that reason we have collected a few data insights that will help you draw a picture on the prominence and acceptance of the apps individually.
- The app market size globally is to hit a colossal high of 9.59 CAGR. That is expected to amount roundabout $ 673.80 billion by 2027 alone.
- Coming to the revenue, the stats paint a pretty picture here. It is expected to hit a whopping high of $ 222.70 billion by 2027.
- Also, considering the mobile app consumer spending again by 2027 there is expected to be peak pull with $186 Billion in App store and google play store combined.
Now, you know how bright and shiny the future is anticipated to turn out for apps as a category. You surely know that this is a winning bet. But, then again the fog still remains unclear as to which app to go for. Will android serve you the best. Or is it iOS which will turn out to be the best pick for your business.
For that- WORTH-IT-WIZARD-Y-WAY! Catch up on the next section.
Decoding iOS & Android: Choosing the Right Investment Platform
Android and iOS are certainly two stellar contemporaries when it comes to OS. But, then again they are not two peas in a pod. There are different sets of technical and foundational factors that they host. And, this will directly affect the trajectory of your business via the apps. The OSs actually differ in terms of offerings, complexities and features.
So, does this mean that it is entirely different? You’d wonder. Well, it would not be entirely south to each other because it roots on the same footing. Which is – Mobile Apps. Again, it is different at the core and can work differently for your business. WHICH IS WHY THE CHOICE FACTOR, right?
Well, without further ado let’s get into decoding iOS & Android. Because without knowing the differences you will not be able to make a solid and smart decision.
1. Core Technicalities- iOS App Development & Android
- To start with, the programming language for iOS is Swift and for Android is Java, C++ and Kotlin. Now, you’d be wondering what good this information does to you?
- But, the whole point is as you know App development starts with a coding language. However, it is not the only factor that counts. The coding language affects the time, cost and features for your app development.
- Now, if we take into consideration ‘Swift’ it is the coding language dedicatedly used for iOS app development. And, it has a very stringent and tight application only applicable for Apple products and iOS.
- On the other hand, when it comes to Android programming languages. It is not just open. But, it also provides a varied application and choice to switch.
Quick Tip: If you choose to go for iOS, there is not much bandwidth when it comes to programming language. But, it is quite easy, simpler and faster to use Swift. However, it is only for iOS. If you go for Android, you can have a free hand on programming languages. But again, it is quite complex and time consuming.
2. Development Process
- When it comes to developing an app, both the process for iOS and Android differs to its potential. Now, what we mean to say is that, you may initially feel that Android apps are easier to develop as compared to iOS.
- But, in actuality the android app development process is comparatively lengthier and complex. Whereas, when it comes to iOS they have a given process which cuts to direct optimum development. So, be it a closed platform and android is an open platform.
- The former has a dedicated pattern for UI which ultimately makes the development process less complex and quicker. On the other hand, for android app development, the development tools like Jetpack and firebase etc comes to massive assistance.
- Plus, if we further get into the nitty gritty of android app development, the open system infrastructure is quite elaborate. And, with alternate layout and templates it does make up for the lengthier and complex development process to some extent.
Speedy-Pick: If you want to initially pick an app for your business and considering the development process specifically. iOS is simpler-Yes! Android app development services have various facets.
- An app is all about the core features, the UI/UX and how it accelerates the navigation process for the users. Designing an iOS app and the Android app is quite unique to its individual layout.
- So, when it comes to designing, if we go by the core technical factors. iOS offers a specific UI pattern to be followed and applied through all of its apps. Also, all iOS devices run through the same iOS versions. It also follows Human Interface Guidelines and Android incorporates natural design guidelines.
- See, the entire app design is a cluster of various factors. You cannot be picking up one and compromising on the other. Right from typography, UI/UX of course, gestures and even color palette matters. Now, this all comes down to the visual appearance and primarily navigation process.
- When it comes to Android- they have a set of specifics which of course is different from iOS because they deliver different layouts. If we start decoding the design palette for Android. They host apps designed with vibrant colors, use Roboto fonts with navigation gestures.
- However, when it comes to iOS they go with the San Francisco fonts with a modern approach but then they have a lighter color palette with navigation gestures like taps and swipes.
Your Tip- Choose what your service/product layout will best sync with and further seal the design amongst the iOS and Android options.
4. Releasing Process
- You don’t make an app to be admired exclusively right? The entire purpose of getting an app for the business is to reach your target audience. And, releasing an app can be both a cakewalk and quite a process. Depending on the OS you choose.
- Having said that, it does not mean you take into account the development process and further decide merely on that basis. So, to cut it short- if you choose to release it on Play Store- it is just a matter of hours. Again on iOS, it might take you around a few days.
Snappy-Pick: If you opt for a quicker publishing Android can be your pick. Although, if you want to be on a safer side- though App store can be a little time consuming but it will be a clear cut process.
5. ROI & Monetization
- Monetary gains via apps is an added boon for the app owners be it android or iOS app owners. Be it In-App purchases or Advertisement models. To even the paid app features.
- What we mean by this is, once you choose what app to go for or even if you haven’t chosen the app. The ROI and monetization factors remain unshaken.
- Furthermore, what you need to know is what factor out of the ROI and monetization basket is to cut the chase.
- We believe some data on this will actually help you understand and move ahead in a lucrative manner. The in-app advertising market size is estimated to hike up at around $498.20 billion by 2028. Which is massive and signals a potential for your app to pitch in and revv up revenue.
Tip: Investing in any of the app development will open up the path for you to fill in revenue. So, this calls for you to get onto the path.
There is no path to skyrocketing your business via an app without a few challenges. Either way there is no way out as a smooth sail there’s bumps to the road. However, in this case there are just a few and those are figure outable. Let us tell you about it.
Cost- One of the concerning factors is the app development cost. Choosing android can have you paying a little more than iOS. Although, there is a reason for it- optimization, development and complexity is comparatively higher. For iOS application development services- the charges may be a little lesser. Though challenges like xCode and lack of development flexibility stays adamant.
Customization- It is at an all-time high these days. However, if you choose iOS you have to bid adieu to the customization factor. Because iOS when it comes to tweaking its design and being flexible. On the contrary, Android is customizable but costly.
Well, now you know exactly what hosts which features. Choosing an app will be comparatively easier for you. Also, if you’re thinking that this is all and now you can go ahead making an investment. We would suggest going through the last section of this blog. We say this because it will help you have that final recap before making a final choice between iOS or top Android app development.
Which App will Serve You the Best? The Factor Funnel
What you know: You do know the technical aspects of iOS and Android app development now.
You don’t know: It is now the time to sync your business factors with the app development process.
What you need to know: You need to have a list of factors to consider before you make a final call. We have a funnel factor for you. It will quickly help you filter out and streamline the decision process for you.
- Start by selecting your business genre.
- Compose and count in on your target audience. ( As in segregate your audiences on the basis of the OS they prefer)
- Sync in your feature list with the OS capabilities.
- Filter out the design and UX/UX you aim to host on your app.
- Lastly, consider the time, cost and basically everything under the sun.
Voila, you are now ready to take ahead the development process. Now, you know whether iOS or Android will be the best pick for your business.
To Wrap Up
Apps are dime a dozen but apps that rightly serve and hail through the modern times and also justify the investment are not. That is the catch, though. One does know that apps are one of the keys to skyrocket business in modern times. But, knowing what factors to consider before choosing an app and funnel on the entire app development process is no walk in the park. But, But, But, by the end of this blog it certainly is a walk in the park for you or possibly even a cakewalk. Further it can be a breeze if you call the shots and connect with an experienced iOS app development company. Or an Android one or maybe a company who has a forte in both the extremes. The bottom line is- get on the bandwagon but smartly!!!!
Share via social media