Google Pixel 8 just got the update you need in life & much more. The Made by Google 2023 event was all about Helpful Experiences, Powerful AI and Longevity. They unveiled numerous products that will keep them stay ahead of their competitors *whispers* Iphone 15. Every year the made by google event introduces us to amazing new products, but this time was different due to AI at the center for delivering simple & fast experiences. There are so many insightful things to uncover, and if you forgot to tune in the live event don’t worry, we will #summarize it for you using our blog. So without further-ado !Let’s dive into all the details
Google Pixel Buds Pro
We spend a lot of time currently using our earphones and since they have become wireless there is so much we can do with them. Google, focusing on the helpful experience features made the Pixel Buds Pro quite cutting edge and forward thinking.
Features stealing the spotlight:
- The latest version on Google pixel buds pro comes Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) with Silent Seal and Volume EQ. A feature that has been in the market, but google just straight up ace the game.
- Two primary features : Transparency mode & Spatial Audio with head tracking.
- Both the features help the user to differentiate between various sounds quite conveniently.
- AI enabled Clear calling, & Bluetooth super wide bandwidth.
- Clear calling tech filters unwanted noises and makes those meeting calls effortless. #work from home scenes.
- Don’t want to take your ear-buds off while having a real life conversation, these features make it more conveniently delivers just that for you
- Just like the iPhone, Pixel too wanted to focus on the growing gaming industry. They said their PIxel earbuds pro provides 50% less latency for gamers.
- Custom 11 mm dynamic drivers
- Adaptive EQ
- Multipoint connectivity
- Fast charging: 20 minutes of playback from 5 minutes of charge
- Battery life: Up to 7 hours on a single charge with ANC on, up to 11 hours with ANC off
- Charging case provides up to 29 hours of additional playback time
- US: $199
- UK: £199
- India: ₹19,930
Google Pixel Fold and Tab for Home
The recent upgrades on the Pixel Fold are quite understandable as they are still under development and as the showstopper was Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro.
Google Pixel Fold
- Display: 7.6-inch foldable OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate and 1840×2208 resolution
- Processor: Google Tensor G2 chip
- Rear cameras: 48MP main, 10.8MP ultrawide, 10.8MP telephoto
- Front cameras: 9.5MP (outer), 8MP (inner)
- Battery: 4821mAh
- Operating system: Android 14
- US: $1,799 (256GB), $1,919 (512GB)
- UK: £1,749 (256GB), £1,919 (512GB)
- India: ₹1,47,490 (256GB), ₹1,57,490 (512GB)
Google Pixel Tab
- Display: 11-inch OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate and 2304 x 1728 resolution
- Processor: Google Tensor G2 chip
- Battery: 8000mAh
- Operating system: Android 14
- US: $599 (128GB), $699 (256GB)
- UK: £549 (128GB), £649 (256GB)
- India: ₹49,990 (128GB), ₹59,990 (256GB)
Pixel Watch 2
Just like the iPhone, Google is making an effort to create their own ecosystem for the users. Doing so using Pixel Watch 2 helps users to unveil the premium benefits of their technology.
A new design with durability and 100% recyclable silicon material. An extra Sports model for extra breathy feel.
- Gets a quad core CPU
- Battery life up to 24 hrs with display-on in single charge
- The new pixel watch is a powerhouse to healthy lifestyle as it provides 12 hrs or charging in just 30 mins.
- 3 new sensors : Multipath heart sensor, Continuous electrodermal sensors, and Skin Temperature sensor
Other Notable Features
- Pixel safety feature: an automated response message delivering system. Once you input the data like your ETA to a location. It comes helpful when you do not make it to the location in desired time, it sends a SOS with your location to all your family, friends and colleagues.
- Packed with AI based algorithmic upgrade this watch can help you to take the next step to a #healthy lifestyle.
- The google experts say “The new Pixel watch 2 is quantified for outdoor activity lovers”. To make this possible they have added 6 months of premium Fitbit experience and New coaching feature.
- USA: $349
- UK: £309.49
- India: ₹28,754.05
Now let’s address the elephant in the room and by elephant we mean, the new PIxel 8 and Pixel Pro.
- Gets a New Tensor G3 Chip for the very best android experience.
- AI google advancements that synergizes with seamless life expectations.
- Two new colors: Porcelain and Bay Blue
- G-Experts take – “The new design of Pixel 8 & 8 Pro is like you are holding a smooth piece of luxurious glass”. We think so too ‘cause it has matte glass finish, a daring design, and reflects human touch.
- Google is all set to #gogreen with 100% recycled aluminum, and plastic free packaging. On the top of that they even partnered with iFixit to make the google easier to repair just in case.
Other notable features
Display: A 6.2 inch Actua Display OLED display with 2400 nits, for 40% brightness and A 1-120 Hz refresh rate for gaming. Google talks about how this will open up you to new digital experiences where your worlds will collide. #immersiveness guaranteed.
A cool object temperature sensor at the back of your smartphone to never miss that perfect cooking snaps too.
- Inside upgrade: tensor G3 : AI compatible, learn what’s possible,
- CPU, upgrade GPU, TPU: AI device engine to push boundaries
- 2x machine learning model.
- speech , audio, 10x more complex to pixel 6
They went as far as to say that this Google Pixel 8 with their own TPU has the same machine learning capabilities as their own deep mind data centers.
Pixel 8 Pro
Since Google phones are all about their AI enabled feature we will mention a few while exploring Pixel 8 Pro.
Call assist feature eliminating 50% spam calls. It can literally respond to the caller for you and ask for a description to display on the screen of your Pixel 8. This comes with a Next Gen Auto Call system.
- Ultra wide and 2x optical zoom for high quality in low light performance.
- Cinematic Video capability that is the result of years of R&D, AI tensor chip, and top-notch software.
- Dynamic range plus real tone and mix lighting performance, faster autofocus on both rear and front camera.
- Computation audio capabilities : Audio magic eraser identifies different unwanted and wanted sounds in your video to customize and personalize them accordingly. You can either eliminate them or boost the other sounds as per your needs.
Magic editor : edit photos using Generative AI, guided frame, magic eraser, and a Unblur feature. Now you can capture those precious moments without a single worry.
They say the phone provides users with ‘First of its Kind Camera’ experience for users.
- Triple Rear camera 50MP main + 48MP macro + 48MP telephoto with auto focus in the front
- Advance google AI + Advance software
- Pro controls for Photographers
Camera Features that Help Pixel 8 to Stand Apart
- Video Booster – Tensor G3 Chip + DeepMind + Best Cloud computing = gorgeous, dreamy, and professional videos
- Best Take – AI suggests the best facial expression for your pics and swaps them with a simple tap.
- Night Sight – More color, More edges, and More light made for the night hunters who crave those perfect night time shots.
- USA: $699
- UK: £649
- India: ₹75,999
Pixel 8 Pro
- USA: $999
- UK: £949
- India: ₹1,06,999
Android 14 OS
Now the best part, known for its innovative Ai based solution the year Google did not step back to amaze us.
“Google wants to deliver helpful experience in a simple manner”
Google using their powerful data center is setting the bar high for AI based feature integrated smartphones. The best example for this is Google Assistant, but there are still a majority of small upgrades that makes the android 14 secure, scalable, and susceptible to become people’s favorites.
- Improved privacy control
- Battery Life drain by apps and OS
- Gives ability to users for managing their data being collected and used.
- Features that are compatible with Google Pixel Fold and Tab.
Blueprints for the Future!
Let’s jump back to the Google Assistant upgrade that we will witness in the near future.
- Google introduced bard in March 2023, Now in the late december they are planning to merge bard and google assistant to give the best of both AIs.
- On the top of that Google is introducing Bard extensions for all the google related apps and web apps such as Docs, Sheets, Gmail, etc
Some of the combined function which were showcased in the Made by Google 2023 event are listed below:
Google bard will allow you to read your mails, bullet point the important words. If you have mail that mentions an event you are attending, it will schedule a reminder for you. Additionally it will use a map to find the fastest route possible, and book a cap for you to reach in time.
Google photos now allows users to click a photo of a physical object to search additional information regarding it. For example; you can click a photo of physical maps and google will find the quickest direction for you easily. It can be your creative partner and edit the photo for you using Gen AI’s best capabilities.
This is just a fraction of what Google can now do using their Gen AI foundational model. “The new AI helps with contextualization in a more personalized and powerful way”, they said.
Coming back to Google assistant in your smartphones, integrating bard features now unlocks a pool of possibilities. It has 150x times more computational power, ability to become helpful personal assistants, and be the professional enabler you want it to be. This is all due to Google’s deep investment in AI.
This collaboration to deliver helpful experiences around the world is still under development but it will be available next month. Other AI based features that are rolling out next month are:
- Record Summarization : Lets you summarize any text, websites, emails, sheets, documents, even your own recording.
- On device Lights-out Management for efficiency, security, and numerous possibilities.
- Zoom enhance for sharper images in HDR, Raw, jpeg, Better framing, editing and other one is smart reply gboard.
The integration of Bard with Google’s app and assistant is for a better future. They are aiming to help users explore creativity, Helpfulness, and flexibility like never before. News Flash: Google is going to introduce 7 years of android updates with the new Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. That 7 years of innovative progress. Do you think this is just a unique selling point or a foundational move for Artificial Intelligence integration more robustly and ode to longevity/sustainability?
Any Last words!
The Google event was a huge success, we would say. The Pixel 8 is looking like a promising smartphone. The new Pixel Watch 2 enables one to live a healthy life. The Google earbuds pro are at the top of the game when it comes to unbothered connections. They also gave us a sneak peak into the near future and How with AI they can help us to achieve much more.
The showstopper of the event may be Pixel 8 Pro, but these new AI enabled features just stole the spotlight. It was an event that left plenty of bread crumbs for every android app development company who wants to introduce their own Artificial Intelligence empowered android application. If you are one of the few, who were quick enough to pick up on those clues and need to develop an AI integrated mobile app., you can contact us. We will make sure to give you all the helpful experience you need to disrupt the modern market with your own AI integrated android mobile app. Thank you for reading!.