Whether it’s fish ‘n’ chips, plant based, protein efficient dishes, vegan, dessert bowls or classic Pizzas!!! Food choices are not just growing and blowing but food cravings are being satisfied in a jiffy. All thanks to Food business apps. (Also the internet, also the mobiles) And, this in return is revving up revenues for the app owners. Alongside that there is a hike in health centric picks and online orders parallelly in an unparalleled intensity. So, what is pushing it beyond the par? Is it the mobile app for restaurants?? Or is it the idea to icon sitch?
Well, it goes without saying that restaurant businesses and in total the food industry has hit the apex. The data suggests the online food delivery market is to hit a whopping high of US$1.65tn by 2027. And, nooo it is not to slow down not now and not even in the near future! So if you are one of the investors looking to seize the opportunity. PITCH IN NOW. It all started during the covid times when we all were locked in but our cravings were not. Thankfully, the food restaurant apps and food delivery services paraded in as god-sent-solution ‘The Holy Grail!!’
Having said that, we know you know how flashy, favorite and dominant these restaurant apps are. That’s not enough! You also need to know which types of apps can turn out to be a golden hen for your investment in the long run. We will let you know about it in this article with the drivers pulling up the surge.
Give this a Try: Ask the person sitting right next to you how many restaurant business apps or food delivery apps do they have on their mobile? We bet you the count will not be less than 2. (On the hindsight, if you ask me I have 3 on my phone, and I am Gen z and a foodie just like any other).
It is true that we live in an app ecosystem. Users are super addicted and admiring apps, especially the app for food. Now this would include everything in the nexus to food. Like food delivery apps, the nutrition checker apps or even the food time reminder apps. You name it. Coming to the revenue, there are a myriad of drivers tagged onto the food business apps. Let’s see
- Apps are the new age wild card entry, raided into the lives of users globally. Now, this has been no less than a hook for the modern user base. Thereby, opening floodgates of returns for the app owners like you.
- Users root for quick deliveries. The 30 min sprint of getting the food to their doorstep is a winning move. Again, this is something that catapults mass users over online ordering via app for food.
- Comfort over waiting lines. Time is a modern day currency. People are hardwired to save time as and when and as much as they can. And, that is exactly what the food apps provide.
- Deals, offers and price offs are not the add-on perks as you would have thought initially. The cashbacks and cost savvy services are actually a user-winner for the app owners like you.
- Panoramic food options are yet again another picky perk for the users. Like if one goes to a restaurant there’s a single curated menu with optional tweaks that one can have. But, on the hindsight you can club numerous cuisines and straightaway land into the user’s demands.
- This might be a newer one. But, the busy lives where people are swamped with work have gotten them to switch onto ordering. Ok, so this is again because there are a lot of options they get to choose from. Diet centric, personally made to taste preferences and quicker deliveries.
Coming to the other end of the spectrum: We are living in a tech-sphere. Our lives are drawn, driven and dictated via technology and the internet at the core. Now even our food choices. Right from looking for food options to calm the hunger pangs, to getting recommendations. Even reservations and fitness featured food choices. The users are overwhelmed with choices and the restaurant app owners or any food app owner to the core are landed on heavenly high revenue stage.
Not a Cake Walk: With so many user-centric perks comes newer additions and upgrades people are drawn to. And, this calls for active upgradation, innovation and hopping onto the trends for your restaurant business app. Because food is an unforgiving genre and so is the new age consumerism.
Onto the Times: Digital age survivors thrive on changes. They are adamant to changes, so if you are investing in an app. Getting in touch with a dynamic and stellar app development company would give you an upper hand.
Best Mobile App Ideas for Restaurant and Food Businesses
‘Idea to Icon.’ It actually requires a unique idea or a different feature for your app for food to sail through the sea of apps that’s already there. Now this does not mean that you have to go above and beyond in a way in finding out something that is never seen before.
The underlying Reason: You need to strike a balance when it comes to features, the theme of the app, what service you are intending to offer and most importantly how? Again, it is not some rocket science but not even a cake walk. It requires just the right amount of research, attention to details and spot on ideas.
Here are some ideas that will help you have an iconic move in the industry.
1. Food Delivery Apps
- Busy lifestyles of over occupied individuals are one of the core reasons why food delivery apps are a savior. Besides that, the convenience of receiving the order at a lightning speed is again something that prompts and motivates the users to order online.
- Investors are drawn to scale up by capitalizing and catalyzing on this revenue reigning opportunity. This goes without saying that you should be steadfast too on ceasing this golden chance. Because, we all know how Zomato, Porter, Doordash, ubereats etc have plotted their parks in the market.
- Particularly, for the app owners there is a bigger pie to the share. There is not just the commision rates that you bag in from the food delivery apps. It is just the bare minimum. Like you can have an add on revenue from in app ads, subscription charges, collaborations on mobile app for restaurants.
- Also, the data reports the food delivery app market is to hit a shiny high of $165 billion by 2029.
2. Food Recipe Apps
- Out of the folks who opt for quickly delivered meals, the ones that are ready to eat. There is a full fledged troupe who look out for recipes to try and indulge in the therapeutic whipping of the same. They have this knack of having that different twist to their dishes.
- Well, as the entire trajectory is now onto the online platforms. Food recipe apps have been one of the favorite restaurant business apps users look for.
- Right from meal planning, experimenting different recipes to having a heads on recipe of global delicacies is a new age choice. And, your app on this theme can actually get you pierce through.
3. Coupons & Offer Apps
- Who doesn’t love that extra 10% discount while ordering online? More like, this is the most favoring and most opted option for the users.
- Mobile app restaurants in the face of coupons and offers that help users save exclusively via this. It is a bigger magnet that attracts users to order and engage more on your app.
4. Fitness Food App
- Off late, people have grown to be more conscious and aware about their food intake. Right from intermittent fasting, to switching onto plant-based diet or even the no sugar-no carbs diet.
- Just like the post covid the online food orders surged, The same way the people have turned to be alert as to what their daily meals and calories would range up to. This calls for a significant opportunity for your app to reign in.
- For the same, the fitness food apps have been one amongst the most ranging apps for food. So, if you are planning to pitch in an app on this theme. You are headed in the right direction. Because it is not the count of orders that have dropped but yes it is a fact that organic, healthy and diet centric food choices have raided in.
5. Meal Reminder Apps
- There is always something that you can add on to make the users feel special. And, one of the ideas for food business apps is to get meal reminder apps.
- Now, how this can be exclusive is you can further personalize your services on the app for your users. This in turn will help you to have that fabulous user base.
- With people being swamped with work, your meal reminder app can do wonders. So, investing in this will not just bring you ROI single sidedly. But, via these apps you can club and collaborate with cafes, restaurants, home cooks and further charge a fee on the same.
6. Restaurant Reservation Apps
- People have moved past the waiting times. There is no longer the zeal and zest witnessed post covid times where people would stand in long queues for hours at a stretch.
- The digital wave has certainly eased up lives to an unprecedented level. Now, people check in the ambience and even secure the reservation first before hitting the restaurant.
- This again is a win-win situation. The restaurant business apps like this one the restaurant reservation app. It helps the restaurants to manage and cater the customers without any glitch during the peak hours and weekends.
- Plus, on the other hand, it secures the table online for the customer so that they do not have to wait any more.
7. Food Waste Control Apps
- It takes an army to get a restaurant up and working to the finest. But, then there are still a number of issues like food wastage and inventory mismanagement.
- Apps like Food waste control or food waste management apps come to show here. This again is a great idea to invest in under the umbrella of mobile app for restaurants.
- At the core, we are living in the times of sustainability-centric communities. The social activities are promoting and engaging with restaurants in leftover food to the needy. And, this is where your app can fill the gap in reducing food waste and hunger issues
8. Customized Food Recipe Apps
- Technology has not left any stones unturned nor spared any industry. Rightly so, the food and restaurant industry has not been off its radar.
- When it comes to customization it is the easiest and fastest pick for the users, be it any industry. And, food being one of the most special aspects of customized food recipes is something that people flex and love to share.
- Needless to say, that there’s numerous versions to a single dish. And, each of them is tweaked to its liking. Now, how about you pool in all those recipes on a single platform and pitch it to the users. Voila! You are onto the winning path.
9. Restaurant PoS App
- There is a lot that goes into managing a restaurant. It is a sea of tasks. Which calls in for a swap from manual management to digital processes.
- Coming to food restaurant apps, Restaurant PoS apps are a game changer. Right from inventory management, bill processing, status reporting on tables, order tracks and everything that includes managerial attention.
- In short, these apps are one-in-all dynamic solutions which can usher up multiple revenue models.
10. Fully AI-Assistive Food Apps
- AI is everywhere. The food restaurant apps are again something that if AI-infused or assisted can power up a number of services. Right from customizing meals to the customers preferences, 3D models of food dishes, panning out e-menus and interactive menus tailored to their taste to kitchen management.
- So, this brings in a lot. This app utilizes machine learning algorithms to tune in data that directs common choices, most preferred dishes. Not just that it also tags along data that suggests and recommends the food dishes that one would prefer.
It’s all about how innovative you get. Anyone can get a restaurant business app developed. But, not everyone can get one with apt features, stellar ui/ux and get the app up to the times. Specifically, to hit all the marks there is no stone that you can afford to leave unturned. You need to make sure your app is responsive, appealing, hosts definite and dynamic features.
Quick Tip- Above and beyond these ideas there are also AR base food apps that are scratching beyond the surface for the investors. We will tell you why. AR based mobile app for restaurants provide the immersive experience where before booking a table the customer can actually virtually visit the restaurant. Right from the ambience, space and vibes.
To Wrap Up
Food is the noblest of all! But, when it comes to choices, preferences and themes of indulgence there is a lot of uniqueness and individuality. Further, coming to cravings and love for delicacies is imperative and indispensable but so are the mobile apps now. But, what the tech in the face of food delivery apps in any form does is. It bridges the gap and connects the dots. Right from mapping preferences, delivering orders at lightning speed to recommending dishes to one’s personal likes and dislikes. Whether diet or binge eating it is. Restaurant app for business covers it all. Coming to that, there is a high level of meticulousness needed and that again is an App development Company’s forte. And, in this digital realm where there are a myriad of apps, you have to have an upperhand.