Have we officially stepped into the cosmic universe? Or is the future fashionably and technologically early? Because AR/VR in ecommerce is unlocking some massive shifts.
Picture this : You are at a retail store and you are virtually accessing shopping tabs in a virtual space. And, to further check the options you are swiping through the colors on the same virtual space. Or imagine that you are plotted on your couch and evaluating the products in 3D for that detailed check via AR & VR interactive catalogs. Beyond imagination right? BUT, NOT ANYMORE!
What once was beyond imagination is now within our fingertips. Not even as far as a stone’s throw. But, right within our fingertips. Yes, we all once had this thought where we wished and envisioned using shopping tabs in the air and swiping them in the free space. Just like a scene out of some sci-fi movie. Retail, online shopping & eCommerce has officially facelifted the same day deliveries & panoramic access? And, now customers are rooting for such a tech-fascinating virtually interactive space to shop, style and decorate houses via AR. So, let’s scratch the surface more. To see how ecommerce AR is transforming the shopping experiences?
AR/VR Visualization- Crafting Better Shopping Experiences
It is all about the synergy between the real and virtual worlds. The magical merge between the real and virtual worlds are more like an individual stepping into some alternate universe.
The convenience of shopping from your houses or decorating your homes virtually while in-store is more like a shifting parallels in a jiffy. Which is the winning move for the businesses. However, this dynamic duo of technology has been a pioneering perk for various industries. But, for eCommerce & Retail it has been no less than a sugary payload.
Now, we are sure you know AR/VR in ecommerce is A BIG SHOT. So, now let’s get into the nitty gritty of its core offering as individual technologies.
AR Visualization- The Layerless Layout of Enhanced Reality
- Augmented Reality as the name suggests compliments and augments the reality of your customers and users. It adds a dollop of layer layers laid out on their actual real space. Rewind a little bit- Remember where the future was projected to amplify reality? That is AR visualization for you.
- This has been a game changer for the ecommerce industry specifically. It opened up an array of aspects to catapult users.
- AR Visualization for ecommerce AR is more like a simultaneous switch between real and virtual worlds. Now, naturally you’d ask why? What AR does is it will place the digital or virtual elements onto your customers real space and integrate the features.
- Further, how this will accelerate your ecommerce or retail business is- virtual try-on is there and we all know about it. Beyond that, your customers can have a realistic view of the product while seated in their living room.
VR Visualization- The Transformative Immersion
- While AR and VR both compliments and totally redefines the experiences. There is a difference between the offerings. While the former augments the reality, the latter transforms the reality by immersing the user.
- This has been a groundbreaking and innovative facelift for the eCommerce and retail industry. This nowhere suggests that the other industries have been ousted.
- Coming back to how it redefines and revamps the shopping experiences. The virtual store visits. Where you get to deal with the products in a simulated environment.
- In short, in-store experience in VR is where the physical shopping store and every physical shopping activity is transformed into a virtual space.
At the core this is how AR/VR visualization works for the industry. And, how this will help you transform the shopping experiences for your customers. Also, this will help you trend-up, tone-up and give a virtual shelf for your products.
We are done with that so now you need How AR/VR is actually redefining shopping experiences for users? So, tag along!
How AR/VR in eCommerce Redesigned the Online & In-store Shopping Experience?
No one likes standing in long queues to check if the outfit fits right or if the color suits them. Not just that! One would not purchase a paint box to actually paint half the wall to check if the shade gives their room a warm tone. That is so last season.
Let alone the queues, customers have been spoilt by the online shopping tabs on their phones to the core. They do not even like to step out of their rooms. But, then there were the flock of shoppers who actually missed the in-store shopping feels. Because let’s be honest exploring the shelves and taking that store tour is therapeutic. So, to cater both the flocks of your customers AR/VR ecommerce apps redesign the shopping experience. Let’s see how?
1. Manual Shelves to Virtual Showrooms & Try-Ons
- Surfing through the shelves and going through the piles of clothes is a gone case. Now, your customers can save time and energy by tapping into virtual showrooms. No more waiting for others to complete surfing.
- What’s even better is that you can access the virtual try ons. Smart shopping is a win-win for both your customers and you as a retailer.
- This captures the customers from left, right and center. Right from trying virtually every product from beauty to fashion. Further it helps the retailer to have that upper hand with massive customer conversion.
2. Salesperson Assistance to AR Assistants
- Bygone are the days where customers would go looking for salespeople. This actually has been a customer complaint. And, retailers have been running on thin ice to keep up with the salesperson team.
- But, that glitch is redesigned via the AR virtual assistants. This will give your customers a well-rounded experience. From queries, instant feedback to individual assistance. AR assistants are one of the cornerstones in revamping customer experience leading to customer satisfaction.
3. Manual Product Research to Interactive Catalogs
- If you are a retailer or have a fashion business running. Or maybe have any B2C product based business and you do not have interactive catalogs. Then you my dear are running late on the bandwagon of modern shopping.
- With interactive catalogs your customers can get into interactive details, 360 degree product view and actually see how it works or looks. Just by scanning the product via a smartphone or a virtual headgear.
4. No Relapses to AR-Infused Gamified Shopping
- Technology leaves no stones unturned. And, when we said AR/VR ecommerce apps have been a trailblazing level up for the businesses. There were a lot of factors as mentioned above.
- AR-infused gamified shopping is yet another aspect that plays a major role in revamping the shopping experience for your users.
- This is again one of the modern ways to retain customers while amplifying their shopping experience. By clubbing interactive and fun games with offers you can loop in customers for a longer run.
5. Navigation Derails to AR Store Experience
- Running almost a sprint through the stores to find that specific chocolate is a big NO. And, modern age customers that are a split between Gen Z and millennials are not a big fan of patiently searching for things. They believe in fast results.
- In this scenario and moving forward, if the in-store navigation is as simple following the digital arrows via the AR applications. Then it will be a major hit. Why? Because the digital ecosystem calls for saving time and energy as much as possible.
- And, looping back to how AR/VR reshaped the in-store shopping experience, this has to be a biggest factor.
6. Styling issues to Personalized Styling Recommendations
- This is specifically an equally big win for you as a business owner just as it is for your customers. We know businesses are drawn aback by the stack of returned orders and canceled deliveries.
- The skepticality with regards whether this outfit would look good or will it go with those pants are quite a penchant problem amongst the customers. But, to solve that and also save the retailers from unreasonable losses.
- The AR personalized styling recommendations also powered by AI has been a game changer. On one side it has been toning down the rejected order trail and accelerating sales for retailers. On the other hand, it has been highly assisting the customers and helping them through-out their shopping time.
Ecommerce AR is a gold nugget to grab by the businesses. It revitalizes the shopping experience for the modern consumer in the modern way. It is the right shot of trends x customer satisfaction.
Again, the in-store experience in VR to redesigning of shopping experience with a dollop of comfort and convenience. There is nothing much the customers or either the businesses would have asked for. Plus, the big brands like Ikea, L’Oreal, Tommy Hilfiger, Sephora, H&M all of those have integrated their shot of AR/VR in ecommerce.
To Wrap Up
AR/VR in ecommerce is a promising path to take a shot at. The data suggests that by 2027 the global B2C AR/VR market is to hit an exceptional hike of $53.7 billion. This suggests it is to dominate in the future.Yes it has a dynamic, decent and alpha prominence in many of the subcategories in ecommerce. But, amplifying and adding that fascinating factor to the user’s shopping experience is unmatchable. If you are into ecommerce or retail, get in touch with an AR VR development company who aces at the craft. Because a professional troupe is what you need to offer redefining and transformative trendy shopping experiences to your customers.
So, in order to get your customers a flabbergasting shopping experience, dig your heels deep in AR/VR in ecommerce.
Share via social media