Did you know that you can now get treatment on your phone? Mobile health apps are revolutionizing the way we access healthcare. Technology upgraded treatment on wheels to treatment online. So, if you’re an entrepreneur, you’re probably aware of the gold rush of investment in mHealth.
This is a great opportunity for entrepreneurs who are looking to get into the mobile health space. The market for mobile health apps is thriving, and it’s only going to grow in the years to come as the reports suggest a growth of 11.6% by 2030. So if you’re looking to get into the mHealth space, now is the time to do it.
Technology has left no stones unturned. And, with the Healthcare mobile apps, there is no question to it. All the credit goes to tech advances and tech-trends which successfully brought treatments and medical assistance to our fingertips through such apps. So, if you are an entity responsible for the health and treatments for a number of people at your office, this app is your ultimate rescue. We will brief you up with the entire trajectory of Healthcare mobile apps, right from what it is? To its types, benefits, costs of developing one. And, all of this stepwise.
Sounds great right? So, let’s go!
What are Healthcare Applications?
It is basically an application which offers health and medicinal services on smartphones or mobile devices. It is specifically a digital platform where health services are hosted on a mobile application. Well, in alternative terms it is also known as a ‘mHealth App.’
Coming to the services on the app. It offers value based services like access to medical records, scheduling a doctor’s appointment, health monitoring and even suggesting diet and nutrition to the users by tracking their activities and health records. But, as the tech advances there’s an addition to this known as AI Healthcare mobile apps which elevates the user experience of the apps to a wider extent.
Step – 1 Pitch in your Idea- Start with Mobile Health Application
Well, healthcare app development is at the peak of investments currently if we take into account the statistics. And, the entrepreneurs are envisioning an opportunity and hopping on this mega trend. It is more like post the pandemic that hit in 2020 companies by and large have become intrigued to have their personal health management solutions.
Companies are looking forward to taking matters related to health and safety within their own control. Entrepreneurs and companies are racing to develop such an app as fast as possible, as there is a gold rush in investments happening across the globe.
There is a lot of buffering and loopholes that the companies and entrepreneurs face. Businesses and companies need to decide what type of app to develop, what features to add to improve the user experience, and what would the costs be to develop such an app. These are some of the tormenting aspects.
When you have this thought peeking in, firstly you will need to get into the basics at the grass root level. And we’ve got your back for that.
Well, now that you know what a Health care app is? And, why is it a buzz? It’s about time we get onto the next step. Which is to dig deeper into the types of Healthcare mobile Apps.
Step – 2 Know the Types of Healthcare Mobile Apps – Dig Deeper
People opting for ‘Virtual Care’ after the pandemic is one of the major reasons behind the increased user-base of such apps. But, you being a nascent have to get to the crux before investing in such an app. And, for that you need to know the types.
There are healthcare apps and wellness apps to start with. But, then they are further bifurcated into types like Mental health apps, medication reminder apps, Telemedicine apps, Doctor-on demand apps. Having said that, if we get to the core, these apps are to assist the user in multiple ways like the user would use the app to monitor the health fluctuations, or access his/her health record.
These apps can also be used by the user to schedule an appointment and track the diet and nutrition suggestions. It is more like these apps serve the users as a Health companion.
So, let’s decide which type of app will be lucrative for your company by quickly going through the types.
- Mental Health App – This app helps the user to manage their mental health conditions like depression or anxiety. The app provides the users with tools to track their mood swings, relaxing techniques and suggestions on meditations and related activities.
- Fitness & Wellness App – After the covid 19 trauma people have been vigilant towards their fitness and wellness. These apps help the users to track their pulse rate, other medical conditions and suggest a diet or exercise plan personalized by tracking their health.
- Medication Reminder Apps – Now, with everyone running on such busy schedules and tight timelines. Sidelining health is common but these apps come to show when the users take a backseat in terms of taking timely care of themselves. The app pings the users with reminders set to remind them to take the medicines.
- Doctor on demand Apps – This is an app which provides round the clock doctor assistance in case the user needs an urgent consultation. It provides online or virtual specialist consultation.
Voila! You now know the types of apps in the healthcare genre let us tell you you’re halfway through the process. Now that this is done, you would actually lookout for the benefits and ROI. So, with the next step we will tap you in with the benefits of having such an app developed.
Step – 3 Unlock Benefits of a Healthcare Mobile Application- The ROI Trail
Just like any other apps these applications are here to make the tasks easier for the patient, doctors and the company or organization. But, when it comes to these applications there are a few unique benefits like Remote treatment, Instant connection and Cost-effectiveness which are common for all.
But, it’s not just this. There are a number of other benefits the users in multiple capacities get to leverage through these apps. And, as intriguing as these apps seem, there is more to it. Like the users in different capacities get to bag different sets of features. Which is why we have bifurcated the benefits in terms of categories, like Healthcare applications for patients.
For Users – Companies and organizations are on a quick run to have a health care app developed for their workforce. Now, there are a plethora of reasons and the most important ones being the cost-effectiveness and control it offers. But, we will get into the other benefits as well like Access to instant medical care, Secured payments and Cost-effective healthcare services.
For Doctors/Specialists – These apps are not just here to benefit the patients. But, it provides multiple benefits to the doctors as well. However, the bigger chunk of advantage still goes to the patients. So, the doctors get to have a better communication channel with the patients with the ease of remoteness. Over that, the specialists get to have on point diagnosis and can prescribe in real time.
In a nutshell there are a plethora of benefits that these apps have to offer. Like, we assure you that these apps are feature-rich and hold a massive ROI for you.
Having said that, it is now time to know about the underlying technology and the tech trends that advances the usage of these apps.
Step – 4 Assess the Healthcare Mobile App Technology
Health care mobile apps are powered by technology. It is the tech advances that accelerate the user-base and market space for these Apps. Technology is pacing and upscaling the healthcare ecosystem in myriad of ways and what’s even better is these apps have a lot to give back to the users. So, while your users enjoy the perks of the app, you as an investor have an even richer ROIs.
While you know it for a fact that these apps are marking a staunch spot in the market globally. Do you know what technologies and tech trends are the bedrock for these stellar apps? Or what future tech-trends will upgrade and uplift the entire entourage of these apps? Well, we will equip you with the technologies leveraged to develop these apps and the future tech trends that will influence the growth of such apps.
The Underlying Technologies
- Blockchain – The thick user-base and the globally growing reliance on healthcare mobile apps is mainly due to extended security features provided on the app through technologies like Blockchain. Now how does Blockchain act up?Blockchain technology entails some distinct features like robust security and on point recordkeeping of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) or Electronic Health Records (EHR). With that, the second most important feature that Blockchain technology provides to the app users is secure transferring of data. Patient’s medical details are of prime importance and cannot be tampered with. And, this is where Blockchain comes to show by providing a digital ledger and acts as a secured channel, for accurate and safe data transfers amongst the parties.Make sure you ask the developer you choose to incorporate Blockchain Technology in your app.
- IoT – Basically, the Internet of things is a hub of physical devices interconnected on the internet. Now, how IoT comes to show for healthcare mobile apps is quite distinct. It elevates the user experience by providing peculiar features like identifying the problems that patients would go through such as fall detection, pain management and collecting key data for the patients that would be necessary for further diagnosis.So, if you are on the verge of getting such an app developed don’t miss on getting IoT included on the app.
- Artificial Intelligence – AI has its own artistic way to level up healthcare mobile apps. Artificial Intelligence clubbed with Machine learning is totally revamping the user experience. Besides, amping up the features and leverages for the patients or general users. It offers a next level suite of features for doctors and specialists that uplifts the health care services provided by them. But, what actually is so outlandish about AI offerings in this app?When we claimed about AI being exclusively peculiar in terms of the features it provides to the users, we were talking about the ease of medical services like medical imaging and faster analysis of medical reports like X-rays. Also, no more digging into loads of files and patient data manually. These AI enabled apps actually make it cost effective to manage the humongous data. Besides these features, it is about the most immersive and stellar feature which is real-time health monitoring.
Step – 5 Discover your Target Audience
Now, we have unleashed all the prime factors that go into Healthcare App Development. You need to know your target audience in order to get a healthcare mobile app developed. There are a number of such apps that rightly address the user’s requirements and then there are a few that do not do justice to the users . Which clearly means an investment gone in vain and who would want that right?
In order to have an app that rightly caters to the healthcare needs of the users, you need to slim down your target audience and their needs. Develop a wellness app if you are looking to improve the daily regime and health of your workforce.
Once you know your target audience, you can connect with a prominent developer and begin the health mobile app development process.
Step – 6 How to build a Healthcare Mobile App?
Do you want to develop a Healthcare Mobile App? There are a number of factors which we discussed above that you should consider before connecting to a developer. And, now we will go through the aspects you need to discuss with the developer.
- The type of App – Make sure you describe your idea of the app. The type of app, the target audience for the app, the features that you want that app to host and any other primary requirements.
- User-Interface – User experience is the most important aspect for any app. And, when it comes to mobile app development you would not want your users to have an unconvincing experience right? So, this is what you need to discuss with the developer.
- Cross platform Apps – Brief the developer with the functionality you want on the app once you are done with the UI/UX. Also, inform on the customization requests if you have any. A cross platform app includes an app which is immune to iOS and Android platforms.
- Development Costs – You can get a quote now. Development costs of such an app depends on the type of features, user interface designs and customization requests that you would opt for.
- Testing & Launch – Once you have settled and have come to terms with the above prospects. Testing the functionality of the app is very important before launching the app. Testing thoroughly is non-negotiable, you need to test the features, user interface and the entire functionality before the final launch. Voila you have done checking so you are now ready to welcome your users.
How can Yudiz help you with mobile app development?
At Yudiz Solutions we have an extensive app development process where state of the art technology is incorporated to roll out decent mobile apps. With our core vision to develop industry leading and cost-efficient mobile apps, our experienced experts have proficiency in developing customized and standard Healthcare Mobile App solutions at feasible rates which will rightly serve your users with feature rich in-app tools.
Assisting our clients throughout the development process and even post release of the solutions stands to be our commitment. And, with our in house experts, our applications serve to be reliable, feature rich and future rich. Connect with us now and get a quote on a healthcare mobile app developed at fairly reasonable rates.
Picking up a prominent Healthcare App Development Company is no small feat and clearly not when you have no idea about such apps and related development process . It takes a lot of effort and time to find cost-effective, accurately secured, and robustly regulated app development services. However, we have got your back for that and have handed you all the necessary insights you need.
Let’s discuss which health care mobile application you are going for.