Do you remember the Snake game? Where by connecting the dots in a row the snake gets longer till you hit a miss! That is to be a ‘First ever App’ to come across. Well, okay not a straight up functional app but still an app and that too a first one. Giving that game vibes and dismay when you lose. Like it’s still unforgettable, after all this time when now we have had the most famous Temple Run & Angry birds equipping us centrally.
It’s not just that! But, the Mobile App industry has actually taken a revolutionary tango in the Tech-realm over the years. Like it is the best thing that ever happened after sliced bread and the internet. Also, after the engineering of mobiles and smartphones. It’s everywhere on everyone’s smartphones and that too in volume. Well, I guess that’s what the digital economy is all about right? Now apps are crafting experiences, catering convenience, connecting humans & accelerating businesses.
One can say, Mobile apps are all over the place but for all the good reasons. It is now something we cannot part ways with. So, let’s dig into how the art of mobile app development paints surreal and seamless experiences for users.
Back in the Day: Mobile Apps Weren’t Fancy But Fairly Facilitative!
Like any other innovation that unravels its shiny side gradually. Mobile app development did take a center stage (though quite rapidly) with creative and versatile spins. Yes, it did not have a flashy fancy kickstart but mobile apps even back in the 90’s served the purpose.
The only catch was, up until this time no one knew the thing is to be called an ‘App”. It was only around 2010 when the word ‘App’ actually took a word-place in the American Dialect Society. But, then when did the ‘App’ thing come into existence? Well, it was back in the day in 1997, the first mobile launched by Nokia. The 6110, and it was quite a big shot back in the times. Plus, it had that famous now nostalgic Snake Game. Also, the first ever exposure.
But, what a swingy start right? And, let me tell you, the Mobile App Development Industry with the Mobile Industry has been far from taking a backseat post that. Let’s go by the timeline for this to be easier to decode and keep a track of.
2002- The year when Blackberry-5810 was launched and it brought with it a couple of features. Yes, the wireless email dates back to this time. And, with that it was also pre-equipped with Calculators, Calendars, Ringtones editing app and Games of course.
2007- Apple Supremacy pitched in 2007. It was the time when the very 1st Apple iPhone launched. Now, as it always goes with Apple, it gave the app genre a little step-up. Which was again not so little. There was this Safari support for 3rd party apps. However, with the same, it also came in with a loaded scheme of apps like maps, texting, and weather check.
2008- Not later enough Apple Inc again came up with an even bigger shot. And, a better one too. They launched about more than 500 apps. Enormous as it is. While that was indeed an overwhelming move by Apple Inc. It fetched up 10 million downloads in just 3 days. But, of course with such an en-masse move, how could it not.
2012- Google launched their Play Store. Yet another high-move.
Amidst the 2000’s & Ahead: Mobile apps have continued to be trailblazing. There have been innovations, facelifts and on-demand innovation curves too. So, in toto, when it comes to the mobile apps they have been serving beyond rationality.
Mobile Apps are crafting exponential experiences: Like, if I am to give you an example for that then there are a lot of upgrades under this genre. We have the wearables apps, the niche-agnostic apps and everything that one could think for. Right from intuitive user-interfaces on apps to apps that detect the everyday health fluctuations.
Mobile Apps are Not Nailed Down to a Specific Niche!
We are currently living in an App-Sphere. Well, we certainly are. For a round about 8 million of the population we in total have over 7 million apps. Yes, you heard me. 7 million apps catering convenience, connection and catapulting business in this digital ecosystem.
This makes it easy and practical to say that Apps take users on a convenience ride in a jiffy. And, this goes globally.
We have an app for everything. Literally down to each wish, we have an app to use. Want to journal, you have an app. Looking to book a cab online, there are apps to choose from. Thinking of binge watching, there’s an app that is up the surge. Netflix or Prime favorites as it is. Had to say this!
Niches are not central to mobile apps. Be it iOS or Android. Apps are driving the economy to a greater extent and this goes without saying. Businesses are hardwired to get their services and products on an app. The digital presence via apps is no longer a fancy optional move but a necessity for the apps. Because be it OTT apps for entertainment purposes or any essential service. Users are now hooked onto apps. Because remember apps are dime a dozen and yet undeniably favorite.
Why do we say that Apps are Niche-less? There is a full proof reason to believe that. Because today apps have become an integral part of our lives. The first thing that one asks for is is there an app for this? Right from ordering food to ordering groceries we have an app today. And, to be legit we have a number of apps for a specific genre too. Then, over time there as eCommerce gained popularity, there are eCommerce apps and shopping apps. Needless to say, there are big shots that users hop onto every now and then.
That’s not All: As people are growing more health conscious and innovations are taking speedy turn ups. We have now entered the phase of wearable apps too. Where users can track their meal times, heart-rates and many factors under the umbrella of health and self-care.
So, what does this sum up at?: Mobile apps are versatile and varied to the core.
Delivering Seamless Experiences is Synonymous with Mobile App Dev
Apps are a no-brainer now considering the modern user base and the digitalization. Because apps are delicately designed for the USERS. And, rightly so, it is doing justice to its purpose. We say this and so do the stats. If we take an average count, an individual has at an outer average about 40 apps on their smartphones. And, getting to app downloads the numbers are mind-boggling.
Now, to go by the practical approach. Mobile app development services is the art that creates a symphony between the tech-feature and the user. It creates a distinct hook that catapults the users and in return provides convenience. In toto, apps are extensions that rapidly whips in a task and assists us with a dollop of convenience that adds up to the experience. And, to clear out the fog, games are not the only apps that cater to the users. Apps falling under any category are directly adding up to the convenience, access, portability and overall rounding up the experiences.
If we go by a layman’s understanding: Mobile apps are in short the canvas on which the mobile app development processes paints and produces art. The art are apps that are designed to craft frictionless and robust convenient experiences to the users. In short, mobile apps are consistent dollops of conveniences unwrapping decent experiences for the users.
Let’s get into the nitty gritty of how mobile app development paints and crafts elegant experiences for the users?
1. Extra-ordinary User Interface
- Apps are designed to serve the users. The art of mobile app development is leveraged to the core to deliver a spot on user experience via dynamic user-interface.
- So, be it any app- user-interface has to be your cornerstone. You need to stay up to the speed with the mobile app trends and make sure your app delivers a seamless experience to the users.
- However, the best part is to spot and shoot the bugs, the navigation-breakers and glitches that bugs the users.
2. Centered to Deliver Convenience
- Users are drawn to use the app because convenience is best served on apps. What makes your app a hit and not a miss is how far and how well it serves the users.
- Mop off all the time consuming features and swap them with the robust ones. Don’t forget that convenience is the key. And, also don’t you forget that the modern user base is not very forgiving of glitches.
- Your app to deliver seamless and spot on experiences has to mark all the boxes. Now what we mean by this is- visually appealing, robust features, glitch-free navigation. And, of course, the required service.
3. Panoramic Access
- One of the best features of mobile apps is panoramic access. It is the grasp and grip that it entails to the users over its functionality which acts as a winning move.
- Coming to it further, it is needless to say that panoramic and dynamic access has to be one of the biggest facilitators. It directly adds to the user’s experiences.
4. Feature & Future Rich
- Mobile apps are a hook for the users. Why is that so, one would wonder. But, then again not all apps are hit. Not all apps make it to the target smartphones.
- The ones that do are because they are a good mix of both. Features and future rich aspects.
- It rightly compliments the user’s experience. Right from cross-platform application, to intuitive and conversation UI/UX and everything in between.
5. Top-Notch Security
- Yes, the modern user-base which vastly is a mix of Gen-Z and Millenials are big on trends, convenience and speed. But, that nowhere suggests that they would let go of the security glitches.
- Seamless security and data authenticity is a clear condition precedent for seamless experiences.
- Great apps require great security protocols. Because, let alone the experience but a miss on security provision would be the fastest way to lose the user base.
6. Advanced Navigation
- Tap into the shoes of the users. Imagine this- You got onto an app to book tickets for a concert. The app took an eternity to show up the shows and time slots. Further, it won’t let you get to the payment gateway. You will drop it off in no time. Right?
- This suggests your app needs to avoid this. Advanced navigation and gel-flow of process for the users. Get this code on and your apps will surge over the traffic of a massive app race.
7. Central Support
- A consistent and round the clock support and feedback loops is the key to accurate user experience.
- Ever heard of an user sticking by an app where the query wasn’t solved instantly? No right? Because as bizarre as it sounds, no one would hop on to apps where the customer support does not respond.
- Your apps are to deliver excellent customer satisfaction aspects. Right from solving client queries to instantly attending to their respects.
Mobile Apps are More or Less a Survival Hack of the Modern Times!
Mobile apps are a huge serendipity these days! Furthermore, it surely is a survival hack. And, needless to say a sling shot into the future. So, when it comes to mobile apps being a survival hack nothing is overplayed with regards to this aspect.
We all are a part of an online ecosystem. We are connected via apps, internet and smartphones. Be it social connections via social apps or professional set ups via business apps. Bygone are the times when macro business had an upper hand and dynamic layout of services. Now, with digitalization each of the businesses whether micro or macro are reconfiguring their business set-up. An online presence is now a must for businesses. And, as users are hooked and obsessed over apps. There is no way around it but to get an app for the business.
Panning out seamless experiences is a no brainer when it comes to mobile apps. Let’s unravel that.
To Wrap Up
Whether it is an app that gets the user to their perfect match. Or an app that gets the perfect seat for the movie. Experience is what the users at the core roots for. Plus, to keep adding on to the experiences you also need to step up. Your app needs to match the modern traits like wearable apps, AR VR infused aspects and everything that would capture the users. So, wait no longer and drop a line to a prominent App Development Company. Lastly, to draw your attention to those data hikes. Don’t just get monopolized by the competition. There were 77 billion downloads just by the first half of 2023. So, just imagine how artistically magical is the mobile app development in crafting user experiences. And, how this could change the entire trajectory for your business.
Share via social media