Pick one fast – Crow story or Pokemon Go storyline? Storytelling and an individual’s reliance on it has been like two peas in a pod since time immemorial. And, it has resulted to unfurl like a tapestry of success. Right from story books to video game based stories to now immersive dive into the virtual world via augmented reality in storytelling. Stating the jump has been colossal would definitely be an understatement. Because it is a hook shot like no other.
Yes, storytelling has been a booming bandwagon. Where it started out as a book and on-page textual tapestry of stories instilling imaginary characters in the reader’s mind to its astral pivot onto video games. Where the story characters are to be seen and directed on the narrative. The evolution has been revolutionary. But, coming to the newest advancement and facelift in storytelling is no less than a magical wizard showing up everytime to tag along the users into an hyper-immersive virtual world of the story. The trajectory of storytelling is now all about the feels and experiences. No longer does one have to just read or move around the narrative. It’s a flat out fascinating blend of real world and virtual world. More like AR spelled its cast and voila there’s a trail of facelifts to unleash. Tag along to know how AR is revolutionizing storytelling?
The Historic Evolution of Storytelling
A sure shot way to capture attention and build a raw connection has always been via Storytelling. The most foundational form of springing communication, interaction and connection is storytelling. We as humans are conditioned naturally to connect via a story something that lays instances, emotions and resonance.
There cannot be one out of these over 8 billion folks who wouldn’t have found stories to be either an icebreaker or some sort of connection evoking space. It all started with the bed-time story books or painting stories, character depicting stories to the hot hit of those times storytelling in video games. Right from the crow story to Pokemon Go in games storytelling has had an iconic move in the future. Not missing the mark to be our favorite in changing times. And, this also includes educational games.
It is more like the evolution of storytelling has been monumental and constant. Not once has it been where it would have seemed as storytelling has dipped or has lost its charm. The OG vehicle of interactive dialogues and theme based scenes has just changed the vehicles and mediums. But, at the core the essence outlived in capturing the hearts of not millions but zillions and trillions together via AR/VR development services. With now even springing out to economical leverages and tapping into the organizational front for businesses across genres. So be it marketing, sales, brand recognition or product pitching storytelling is centering it all.
There is no turning around on the fact that storytelling is on the hamster wheel to re-define and re-experience imagination all together. Let’s unravel how?
How Augmented Reality is Revolutionizing Storytelling?
We have tapped into some thousandth year of exploring the divine dives, swirls and facelifts in storytelling. And, there isn’t one that we don’t find fascinating. All that out right fact but how is AR transforming and reshaping experiences? To be seen hereunder.
1. A Layer that Loops in Users like None Else
- All this while most of us were under this impression that AR is only for games. Well, in that case let me burst the bubble. It is not just that! Augmented Reality storytelling is a saga that equips the users with experiences like never before. In toto, it is that hybrid space where your users can live the story. And, the basic barricades of textual storytelling are shunned off completely.
- When we said never before we meant it. Now, you might be knowing what AR at the core is and how it serves. But, still in context and impact on AR in storytelling. The symphony is surreal to the point that would get your users to have goosebumps and all that dopamine hit.
- It is an overlay of a virtual immersive layer onto the user’s real work surroundings. Okay, it’s way more than that. Yes, the overlay starts right there but it is an immix of all those virtual elements onto the real world space of your user.
2. Next Level Immersion, Grabbing the Details in Detail
- Bygone are the days where the barrier between a story and the reader or user existed. It’s so last century. Now, are the times where story characters or just resonate with the user but the users live through the characters.
- Immersion is at its best. It’s all about that gapless influx. The hyper-immersive experience is not a bluff. Spatial immersion is an unstoppable facet now. Right from curating the plot, to seeping through the narrative and feeling the character plot twists is revolutionary and surrealist.
- Spatial storytelling x Augmented reality in storytelling gives all together a different world for your users to step into. The immersion onto this facet is like a white feather close to heart. The immersion captures every detail to the core, this is how the virtual elements are placed on the real world space of the users to have that real-feel experience with the characters and elements in the story.
3. Adaptive, Interactive & Personalized Experiences
- Stories are meant to leave a mark. It is the optimum phenomenon clubbed to storytelling to adapt and interact with the users. Be it storytelling in video games or any facet of storytelling.
- It is all about sparking the interactive and captivatingly adaptive theme with the passage of a story. That’s there and loved but what is flipping the trajectory for everything better is the Augmented Reality features via AR/VR development services. It is more like adding that extra dollop of frosting to the already scrumptious cake of storytelling.
- Now, who doesn’t like a little extra frosting right? And, what better than having it whipped it to your personal favorite flavor. So, for that added personalized touch in storytelling for your users. AR adds tweaks personalized to your users preferences, choices and theme opted.
4. A Blend that Weaves in Virtual & Real World
- Yes, Augmented Reality lays over layers of virtual elements over the real world space. But, this layer is layer less. Yes, you heard us right.
- It is a seamless blend that pulls a fascinating combination of virtual and real world. More than it is the combination that compliments experiences like none other. To the point it captures the user so smoothly and weaves in the ar in storytelling space that makes it almost impossible to differentiate between both worlds.
- Considering the flippy blend there are Augmented reality QR codes that accelerate the immersion further for your users. Now this is placed with precision on the physical environment. It is yet again accentuating the trendy usages of the high-end wearable tech like smartwatches, the head mounted devices and smartphones to capture. More so these are yet another hook to let your user a deeper dig into the engaging and captivating realms.
The trajectory has for shifted and brought transformic holistic shift in storytelling as a genre. Not just that there is a LOT more scratch off the surface in terms of perks and leverages. So, it is not just that Augmented Reality storytelling will be a best bet to place if you are aiming to develop educational games or for anything under the sun.
To Wrap Up
Storytelling is an art and augmented reality in storytelling is a gigantic slingshot into everything futuristic, feel-booster and immersion. Rightly breaking all the glass ceilings and barriers as to immersions and interactive phenomenon. It for sure has a lot to offer. So, what better than to seize the space by connecting with a stellar AR VR development company. And, with 1.73 billion users expected to tag along, the surge of Augmented reality in 2024 sparks a shiny opportunity to place an investment in this evergreen genre. We all know for a fact that immersion and 3D virtual reality experiences are to dominate in the future.
Share via social media