Your product/service is not the first thing that grabs your target user’s attention. No, it’s not even the discounts or freemiums that you tag with your products(well not, initially though). It revolves around the design, it depends on how well-laid your ux design. Well, this might have taken you by surprise or might have even sounded pretty vague. But, UX Design Processes is the ONLY medium that initially catapults your target audience to your product/service.
The farfetched secret ladder to that desired conversion rate as a start-up. (Your deals, offers and freemiums can wait in this digital era.)
On the hindsight, did you know that users in general accords you less than a minute to bag them in? Well, it could be 3 seconds, 15 seconds or 30 seconds max? But, all you have got is that 1 short minute by yourself to make it captivating enough for your users. Either you shoot your shot and convince the users to navigate further or you hit the churn rate to the highest. And, we know as a startup that would be a major downhill to hit. So whilst you are overwhelmed with prioritizing and repriortizing what to invest in and what can be kept for later on. Let us tell you why getting hold of great UX design process should be your top priority.
UX Design Process: Not a Posh Pick but a Priority for the Startups
You would have heard, Communication is the key. And, that rightly applies here too but in this case communication theme is your ‘User Interface Design’. There’s a quick Prerequisite test to it. If that is seamless, easy to decode or swift to navigate and as fast as lightning speed. You have hit the right activation spot for your start-up to scale initially without the pre-hindrances.
Take a note of this as a Startup- It is surely something that grabs your users attention. But, more than that it will dominate your target audience’s will to stick by. And, that winning of the will, will not only allow you to have a competitive edge in this cut-throat competition but also be of massive good.
This Suggests: Having the best UX design process in place is more like a life-drug for your startup. It is the sure shot attribute that is needed for your startup to survive and thrive. This will help you take the sprints necessary to scale in the pool of startups and business giants.
Luxury v/s Necessity: Well, answer this question? As a startup/business owner or an investor can you let go off high churn rates, low impressions, dropping CTA clicks or rising bounce rates? Or will you be on terms with low ROI turnovers and high client attrition rates? ABSOLUTELY NOT, right?
Apparently a Priority- Making sure you have modern UX design sorted and fixed in your strat-up right AT THE START. Which rightly roots for all those above mentioned start-up or business hiccups. In short, it is definitely not a luxury that you as a startup can get as one of the last steps to be taken care of. It is the forefront thing pitched on for your start-up’s digital presence. A stage which is your boarding pass to a massive user bank.
You cannot take a raincheck on fixing your UX up to the trends. It is uncompromisable and let alone that. Modern UX design in this digitally dominant era for the startups and businesses is something that should top their priority list.
Why is UX Design a Necessity for Startups?
We stand by the market experts that modern UX design is important for your startups. More so, by now you would also believe that it holds utmost significance. But, why is it a bigger factor?
Initially, the UX design process is the connecting factor.. The link that connects your target users to interact with your product/service. It is the alpha step in the entire process of your strat-up development. The primary attribute that influences the users attitude and emotions towards your product/service. It equips the users on the basis of psychological attributes, there are legit laws/ theories which are implemented by the companies and startups to drive the design tactics in a manner that actually helps hiking up the conversion rates.
For that you may read: UX Design Laws To Boost Conversion Rates in 2023 (yudiz.com)
So, the better the design the better the footing on connection you will secure as a start-up. Besides that there are sigma benefits or maybe a suite of competitive advantages that the modern UX design brings in. But, advantages in the face of solving problems that current startups face or are most likely to come by. Let’s explore those.
1. Competitive Edge is followed by Customer Satisfaction
- Website/mobile apps are a huge serendipity in this era of all things online. From business giants to startups like yours, are on a never ending journey. Or maybe a race to seize the best and vast user-base via these platforms.
- With a sea of startups ushering up, you need to have an unique and different layout. Now this means, your website or app should have an interface that marks an imprint on the customer. Because with 71% of business going online, your startup cannot afford to be just as basic and low on engaging the customers via the website.
- Having said that, your UX design has to be trendy, tuning and timeless. Yes, the T cube is your secret sauce to bind in customer retention and acceleration.
2. Sharper UX Design for Startups calls for Secured Growth
- Startups are more often than not fogged around the massive to do’s, and checklists. Typically, overwhelmed with a pool of attributes and processes. All of this to have an ever growing customer base and scale higher and higher. And, amidst all these you tend to sideline the most impactful and non-negotiable factor. The UX design.
- Modern UX design is the key influential factor and driver for the growth of your startup. And, by putting it last you will not only hinder growth opportunities but also invite many business glitches like losing the customers and dropping your market stage.
- A superstar factor for your startup.
3. Innovation-Get Uncommon to Achieve Common Goals
- It is pretty common for startups or even business giants to rush for common goals. Because at the end, the apple pie at the core is the same for all. Bigger ROIs, less investment, more returns, higher consumer base, more traffic on website and everything perky.
- But, as we all know, common is not catchy, it only takes you so far. If you give the same (or a little tweaked) layout to the consumer which they have been going through 3 times a week. You might get your products/services sold at a given point but your startup will not be even close to hitting the desired scaling ranks.
- Well then how do you get there? Get uncommon, get quirky and take up the UX trends. Like aesthetic, conversational,dark mode and anything and everything that’d be trending at that time.UX design process is the prime path you need to take.
4. Attract Referrals & Loop in Investments
- Normally, you’d be wondering how a UX design which is entirely user-centric helps in bagging referrals. Or how would it aid your startup to loop in investment. Majorly it does bring that to the table.
- Referrals or word of mouth marketing is something more robust than ever. Users connected to each other on one or the other online communities can be a blessing or a nightmare for your startup. And, for sure a nightmare if your UX design is not up to the mark.
- What we are trying to bring you on is: If users don’t find your website/mobile app convincing, it is going to circulate. And, when that goes around, those negative referrals. Your startup will have major pitfall for investments.
- Although, all of this will come to fruition if you get your priorities straight. By priorities we mean to work on your UX.
In a nutshell, for your startup to take a swing. You need to reroute the roadmap of modern UX design integration. A non-negotiable, as startups are surging at an unprecedented level. We are sure you do not want yours to flicker off, right?
Not just that, we further claim that this is not a luxury investment but a necessity. While we stick by that, we also confirm that this will be relatively cost savvy. Dig down to know how.
Is this Cost Savvy?
If we tap into your shoes as a Startup owner. Even we might have this question and we are sure that after scratching off the surface and getting to know how big of a necessity it is. You might now have only a few speculations around how cost effective it is. However, in either case we will hand you out the quick picks as to how lucrative the UX design process is.
- First things first. Prototypes of UX design, this will help you stay safe from a lot of cost-intensive situations later. Particularly because running a test and getting rigorous testing done is rightly helpful. It saves you from getting into the spiral of glitches, fixing costs, expenses of redesigning.
- Further, it will save you a lot of bucks by increasing your user base, accelerating conversion rates and biggest of all. You will have an upperhand with regards to data driven decisions. This will help you to figure out the user preferences and can work ahead in that scheme. So, instead of investing in multiple streams this will be a single initial investment. (and a much needed one)
- Lastly, no more paying for redesigning (again and again). Only if you make it a priority and get your UX design accurately looked after at the beginning stage. In case if you don’t do that, there will be issues like low support, bugs and user dissatisfaction.
In short, the sooner you consider it as a necessity, the sooner you save bucks.
To Wrap Up
Scaling a startup is not less than running a marathon. But, what’s even difficult is channelizing and streamlining the pivoting factors. Like for the most part you might get drawn to the other process and investment. Which can further have you missing out on the non-negotiables like UX design for startups. Whereas, it is the cornerstone for your startup to slingshot in the future. It is usually the attention to details that adds up to the ultimate success. Plus, users on the other hand are accustomed to innovation, seamless navigation and smooth online sail. And, this on the other hand is related to the probabilities of your startup scaling and acing the competitive times.
So, as a startup don’t fall in the trap of focusing on aspects that look bigger. But, rather focus on dropping a line to the UX designers, and pave your path to modern day pivoted success.