Did you know that an average individual spends 7-6.50 hours daily on the internet. Before the 1980s the internet did not receive any sort of attention, it was between 1985-95 where experts observed the massive rise in the use of the internet. People started exploring the world wide web more which was developed by Tim Bereners Lee in 1989. Prior to those innovative developments the internet was solely used for military purposes.
“At the core human civilizations are explorers, we travel space, depth of the sea, and even the unknowns of the world that we cannot comprehend. So why should we back down without exploring the digital world that we created”.
A digital world: the World Wide Web (WWW) is a network of interconnected systems or devices. It allows people to gain knowledge and share information, send messages, socialize, and perform tasks that were quite complex before its introduction.
As the use of the Web grew both in terms of commercial and personal aspects, scientists were willing to integrate upgrades that would bring value to users. Let’s have a look at one of the most groundbreaking upgrades that the World Wide Web received recently. The Web 4.0!
Trivia – Did you know the first ever website that was launched on the internet was named “The World Wide Web Project”. Launched from the facility contributing to Nuclear Research, Europe it was about how to use the W3”
What is Web 4.0?
While exploring the next generation of the internet, we found the idea behind upgrading the web is to make information more accessible, interactive, and personalized. To understand more clearly one needs to perceive what parameters Web 3.0 functions. Here the parameters are technologies that contribute to developing primary attributes of web3.0. The technologies need to unlock the potential as well as establish decentralized, transparent, and immersive qualities of the web.
So how do experts plan to go a step further in terms of digitalization? Well again the answer is innovating with the technology contributing to develop the next generation of internet. The list of technology consists of blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR, IoT, and Big Data. At the end of the day the development will highly require these technologies to synergize and provide a more sustainable approach.
Trivia – Do you know there is a nickname for Web 4.0, its ‘Symbiotic Web’, where symbotic is derived from symbiosis. For the technology it means establishing a multiway interactive connection between machines and living organisms.
The features of web 4.0 are still uncertain but it will highly revolve around user generated content made more accessible. It will behave like an intelligent entity of automated tasks performing inhuman functions. Since the primary practicality of the internet was empowering machines to communicate with each other. Web 4.0 is going to diminish the boundaries between human and technology as well as machines even further.
Suspected Features of Web 4.0:
- To establish a symbiotic connection between humans and tech-enabled machines.
- Primary advantage would be ultra-progressive internet speed and low latency.
- The tech-stack would consist of AI & ML, VR ,AR & XR, Blockchain, IoT, and Big Data.
- It will improve interactivity, mechanism for sharing information, and personalization.
- Unbolting the possibilities of co-creation, self-learning, and integration.
- Lastly it will allow machines to interpret data on an intelligent and semantic level.
As you can see Web 4.0 is quite different from Web 3.0 and Web 2.0 on numerous fundamental levels. The information will be accessed and stimulated in diverse ways through various means of technologies. So talking about technologies lets list them down to understand their participation in the Web 4.0 in better terms.
What are the key contributing technologies?
The feasibility of Web 4.0 depends upon the technologies that experts are going to use. Be it IoT to gather the data in an innovative or Augmented Reality where digital visualization looks surreal. Technology has always been a significant provider of stepping stones for innovative solutions to progressively modernize.
- Artificial Intelligence A web that has conversational qualities to understand its user better and adapt faster decision making practices. The practical implementation of artificial intelligence requires a massive pool of data to understand basic requirements of people. And an interconnected network of devices is the best practice to direct that surmounting data flow adequately. Through artificial intelligence users can experience a more personalized web search experience. Google is recently working on a project named “Magi ” that will provide a highly immersive and extensive experience that we are talking about.AI will benefit our information sourcing methods by acting as an agent for performing following tasks such as self learning, adapting, and faster decision making. This will funnel down search results that are highly dependent on the users’ prerequisites. It’s like a universal AI assistant bot, helping you everyday providing recommendations based on most optimum results. Quite amazing right.
- IoT Yes I can gather information and bridge the gap. The gap between the massive pool of information and humans, but there is another technology that is better than AI to gather information. To understand, assume you need to buy the best bread in town. Artificial intelligence can present you options from its search result of “Top bakeries in the town” . Here IoT goes a step further to determine and make sure that the bakery is actually viable for that search result.IoT means an interconnected system of devices and living organisms or things. Using IoT data is calculated with sensors. If the bakery uses a particular type of electronic sensor that directly feeds the data back to the AI source that is providing your instantaneous information, voila! The results will be authentic and highly personalized.
- Blockchain In today’s world the internet pool is overflowing with massive amounts of data. Also frequently it has been factually determined that data is the new currency. Data from various sources like social media, personal space, commercial space, etc is up in the cloud. To validate the ownership of that data helps us in numerous ways. This is where blockchain technology comes into play. Establishing a decentralized network that can be integrated with Web 4.0 allows us to share information without worrying about information theft and impersonation.
- BCIs Another means of collecting data to raise the bar of hyper-personalization is through Brain computer interfaces (BCIs) or Smart Brain. Through neuro implants experts can link us to the devices we would like to control. Sounds amazing to accumulate such personal and deep data but it’s a big maybe. It will require a regulatory body and hence the use of blockchain that will validate the ownership. Makes sense right. A group of scientists have already started to research BCIs on an all-embracing level. They even started to enroll patients for trials, but their governmental bodies have put a stoppage on projects related to the research.
- Metaverse So far we learned how the Web is important for sharing and gathering information. But to present the information in the best way possible. Creating an immersive experience, and conveniently allowing the user to understand the topic in depth is the priority of Web results.A digital universe that is made of data stimulating real life events, scenarios, and circumstances. The universe conveys data at lighting speed and through immersive characteristics it helps the user to comprehend infuriating things at deeper levels. Metaverse will be a huge step towards enabling Web 4.0 to become more personalized and comprehensive.
Trivia – Soon technologies like low-band 5G, Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Satellite, DOCSIS 3.1, and G. fast will be able to provide us low-latency and high speed internet connectivity all over the world.
Industries ready to explore business opportunities
The iteration of developments that we have seen in technologies have leveled the expectations we once could only imagine. The time is right, experts say. Synergizing technologies will unveil unprecedented potential for many businesses and bring value to them.
Soon there will be new services introduced as these integration of technologies will give birth to new business possibilities. AI and Automation will take over many industry niches and blockchain could disrupt the financial system. IoT will basically at core change how we utilize devices and machine technology currently. All through connected using instantaneous data processing and a more versatile generation of Web.
On commercial terms Web 4.0 Technology will also change how businesses operate. From board meetings & development process to marketing it will revamp everything. Organizations will be able to understand their clients and users competently. For example it will completely change the case study for making a gaming app.
Trivia – Do you know only 64% of global businesses have their own website and out of the rest 35% of them think their business services are limited or too small to have a website of their own.
Web 4.0 is going to revamp how businesses and industries function using digital tools and software. It will bring forth ‘The Internet of Business Possibilities’. Consisting abilities to integrate technologies and provide benefits like: RPA, Immersive data visualization, unorthodox content generation, etc.
Sure it will take some time for people to get adapted and learn about Web 4.0. But once acquainted with the features and functionalities, we are pretty sure that it would revamp the fundamentals of digitalization.
“The introduction of Web 4.0 will be like a crack in the glass that was separating us from the digital world of marvelous innovations”
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Web 4.0 called?
The other name given to the fourth generation of Web is “Symbiotic Web”. Its primary aim is to synergize machines and humans on a much deeper level. On a larger level it will be able to establish a highly interactive connection between machines and humans.
- What is Web 4.0 all about?
Web 4.0 is all about connecting humans and machines using an autonomous and decentralized platform. It will eliminate any intermediaries and empower us to progress by exploring modern business possibilities.
- What does it mean by Web 4.0 being a mobile web?
The fourth generation of Web focuses on improving user experience through quality, interactivity, and personalization. Utilizing highly mobile devices that work on a High-speed and low-latency network allows the user to achieve the conjunction. An intelligent web that mobilizes users to become a part of the Web in an immersive manner.
Share via social media